Monday, March 24, 2008

Thee Oh Sees

Add Date: 3/25

Artist: Thee Oh Sees

Album: The Master's Bedroom is Worth Spending a Night In

Label: Tomlab

Genre: Pop/Rock, 50's Rockabilly experimental?

Comments: If the Arcade Fire decided to create some sort of mix between surfer rock and 50's rock, I'm pretty sure it would come out like something close to this. That's pretty much the closest I can get to describing Thee Oh Sees, so, if you give them credit for one thing, at least they are original. Luckily, though, I can give them more credit, because they pull it off well, especially with the male and female lead vocals on each song. No songs really stand out as good, but none of them are bad either, save the last song. If I had to pick one, I would go with #15 (Two Drummers Disappear) as the best song, but a random number between 1 and 15 would be just as good of a bet.

No comments: