Thursday, May 20, 2010

Keane

Add Date: May 25

Artist: Keane

Album: Night Train (EP)

Label: Interscope/Cherry Tree

Genre: Pop rock

Comments: Not being a fan of these watered-down Coldplayers, I'm probably not the right person to be writing this review of the new Keane record. Or maybe I'm exactly the right person. Plus, at 8 songs, one of which is just filler intro, it's technically an EP.

Night Train
was recorded over a year ago, but is just now seeing the light of day (and, at this very moment, peaking the UK album charts as well as hitting spot number 98 on the Belgian Flanders Albums Chart). From what I've heard, it's more of the same sort of straightforward pop rock, though rapper K'naan does provide a nice addition to the headbobber "Stop for a Minute" and the penultimate "Looking Back." While I'm still a miser about the band, I do think this EP is a fine addition to our playlist.

No comments: